Minimal Make Up Face


Hi guys! In this post I'm gonna tell you about my current make up routine. I basically just stay at home all day, so I don't really need to wear make up. But, in some cases where I have to go out and don't want to look like a hippie who embraced the no shower life (like how I used to look and be called at the first year of college btw), I still put on some minimal make up. And by minimal, I mean it only takes me 5-10 minutes to get it done, with those products that's been my go-to products for weeks!. Wanna see how it looks? Just keep on reading...


After I prepped my skin with moisturizer, I dot Tony Moly Prestige Carat Creamy Skin Cover (02 Natural Beige) all over my face and blend it with my Tamia Beauty Blender, then set it right away with Marcks Powder in shade creme with some extra to bake around my T-zone and under eye areas where it tends to get oily and creasy. While baking those areas, I shape and fill my spares and quite short eyebrows with Lofess Eyebrow Pencil (#82). Once the brows are set, I dusts the excess powders that I used for baking earlier, then move on to the next step...


Since I have this ELF Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzer duo in St. Lucia, I could never go out without bronzer (obviously it's well loved cause I already hit pan on it). Now I totally understand how bronzer gives balance to your look and it's not for the pale skin girls only. Depends on my mood, if I don't feel like looking flushed, I'd go for the blush shade on ELF duo as it gives me a more sun kissed look. But when I want some extra flushed to the cheeks, I always go for my Jordana Powder Blush in the shade Touch of Pink cause it makes my cheeks looks like it's blushing naturally, not too much. I apply all the powder products using one brush only, which is the Tamia Angled Blush Brush.

Due to my short and straight lashes, I accept the fact that wearing mascara barely does anything to my eyes, so wearing mascara is optional. Whenever I feel like putting some mascara on, I always make sure to curl them up first, at least it gives more "oomph" to my lashes and makes my small eyes look a bit more open. Now here comes the most tricky part, choosing the lipstick shades. Believe it or not, I always have at least 5 lipsticks in my purse, it's just so hard to pick one shade. Lately I've been using this combo of Silky Girl Lip Liner in Mauve (reviewed here) with Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare it All (reviewed here) on top cause it turned out to be the most flattering peachy pink shades, not so nude but not so bright either, it's perfect. And this is the final look...


L - R : Outdoor with direct sunlight, indoor lighting

Phew... I can't believe I wrote this whole post for almost an hour! Trust me, doing this make up look is waaay faster than writing it in a blog post. I hope my long post doesn't bore you guys out, I'm working on this bad habit of talking too much or writing too long. If you guys have any tips on how to shorten up your blog post or how to know when to stop talking (Chandler Bing lives in me), help a girlfriend out, please let me know how in the comment box below, it will be wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and read this post. I'll see you guys later :)

Comments

  1. Simple, neat and affordable. Nice! :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post. I love the minimal makeup. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I always try to keep it minimal cause I tend to go a little overboard too sometimes :P

      Delete
  3. I'm always bad about writing or talking to much in my posts and videos too, but sometimes I think it's necessary to explain how to do things so don't worry!! I totally wish I could do my makeup in 5-10 minutes! I love how Minsk and natural looking your makeup is with these products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Ashley, I'm just worried people find my blog posts are too long and boring to read. Haha if I do it in hurry, it will only takes 5-10 minutes.. But most of the time, I like to take my time in doing my make up, cause I find doing my own make up is so relaxing.

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely beautiful masha'allah!
    I used the have the elf duo, I actually preferred the cream version though and plan on picking it up again in the future ^_^

    Iqra | The Blushing Giraffe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iqra :) I really want to try the cream version, but I have oily skin, so I'm afraid finish will look too dewy for me :/

      Delete
  5. I like the lips and the overall au naturale look!

    Lera's Affordable Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely products!

    Take care doll!! Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway. I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the simplest makeup turned out to be the best because you highlight your natural beauty instead of altering and masking it. I know your pain with short lashes, mine is the same, sigh.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I forgot to add, that's not very nice for other to call you hippie just because you don't wear makeup. Some people don't need any makeup!

      Delete
  8. Great outdoor and indoor look. It is surely looking great on your skin and yet it seems to me very economical.

    Spa and Beauty Deals UAE | SavnPik: Latest Daily Deals in Dubai, AbuDhabi | Online Fashion Deals UAE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great simple look, thanks for sharing! I love your blog too by the way, would love to follow each other and stay in touch.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)