REVIEW: Wet N' Wild Megalast Lipsticks


I think it's about time for me to review these lipsticks. I mean, if you're a lipstick lover but you don't own at least one Wet n' Wild Megalast lipstick, then what are you?. Well, that might sounds obnoxious, but it's true. I bought these not just because I want to be seen as a true lipstick lover, but because I've heard so many good things about these. These lipsticks are described as a 4 hour, long-wearing lip colour that leaves a semi-matte cream finish in one stroke, and it's true. Do I need to say more? I don't think so. If you don't believe me, you can go on a research about these lipsticks to proof it. I won't be giving you a full, in depth review, it's written on the description already, so I'm gonna review it by the shades. Here goes the swatches...




Top - Bottom : Mochalicious, In The Flesh, Bare it All.

First up, it's the Mochalicious. This shade is my recent purchase, you can see it in my July Haul. And yes, I told you the reason I bought this is because it is said to be the dupe of Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita. I can't tell you if it's true or not since I don't own Lolita, but it is a gorgeous shade!. If most of my lipsticks are a mauve, dusty rose or a pink brown shade, this is the opposite. It's a brown shade with a hint of mauve in it. On camera the mauve shows up more, but it's darker in real life and a bit vampy on me, though it's still wearable for daily look.



Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick 914C Mochalicious


The next shade is In The Flesh. If I'm being honest, this shade took me by surprise. On people with fair skin and pigmented lips, this shade looks more nude, my lips but better kinda shade. On my pale lips, it looks really pink, I describe it as a soft barbie pink to myself (you know, the real barbie pink is so bright it's like neon). I can get away wearing minimal make up with this shade because it instantly brightens up my face.

Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick 912C In the Flesh

And the last one, which actually the first megalast lipstick that I bought, is the well known Bare it All. Why is it well known? because this shade is the dupe for MAC Velvet Teddy and recently Tati mentioned this as the dupe for Urban Decay's latest Revolutionary Matte lipstick as well. Why spend $16-30 if you can get the exact same shade for $2 right?. It's a peachy nude shade on me, but the more pigmented your lips, the darker it will look on you. This shade is a bit pale on me, so I can only wear this with bold eyes or combined with lip liners or other lipsticks.

Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick 902C Bare it All


*UPDATE*
I bought another Wet n Wild lipstick in the shade Ravin Raisin, and I decided to include the lip swatch in this post because it's more efficient instead of making a new post for a single lipstick right?. This one is for my mom because she wanted a darker lipstick shade ever since she saw me wearing LA Girl Rebel *reviewed here*. But considering she doesn't really like liquid lipsticks and she doesn't like how hard to remove they are, so I picked this up. I think the right way to describe the color is, it's a plain eggplant shade. With flash it seems brighter, though in real life, it looks darker on me. I loooove this shade so much, I think I'll be using this a lot more than my mom! :P



Wet n' Wild Megalast 916D Lipstick Ravin Raisin


As you can see these lipsticks are so pigmented, one swipe is enough to cover my uneven natural lip colour. They glides on smoothly and so creamy on me, though I've heard some people says these are a bit drying and tugging on them, I don't have such problems with mine. These will dries to a matte finish the longer you wear it and it stays for a long time as long as you don't eat or drink too much, or it will starts to fade nicely. The brighter and the darker the shades, it tends to leave a pretty stains to the lips. These lipsticks came in more than 20 shades, even in the states they releases a few limited edition shades too every year!. I personally don't think having one shade is enough, that's why I got three! Maybe I'll get more in the future, though I have to use up my other lipsticks first... We'll see!


Comments

  1. All those colors are so pretty!! I sadly don't own any wet n wild lip sticks! Which is probably because I almost always wear nude lipsticks and already have so many of the same shades lol! really need to try some of these out though! Great review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more than enough nude and pink lipsticks too, that's why I started to pick bolder and darker shades as an excuse to keep buying new lipsticks :P
      I recently saw some blog post reviewing the newly released fall collection limited edition shades, they are gorgeous! I hope you can get them before it runs out!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your awesome review! These are some of favourite lipsticks of all time and I love how affordable they are - just wish they were easily available without ordering them online D:
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought these online too! We do have Wet n Wild counters available almost in every drugstores or at the mall, but none of them have the complete shades (5 shades tops), and they never add the new collections or the latest products.
      Besides buying online including the shipping cost so much cheaper than buying it at the counter!

      Delete
  3. Wet n Wild Megablast Lipstick is definitely my most favourite lipstick from the drugstores! The shades are all crazy gorgeous! Cantik banget!!

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't agree more! I wish the limited editions are available too, because this year's fall collection shades are gorgeous and I heard the formula is getting better too!

      Delete
  4. aku baru punya yg vamp it up sih, tapi suka banget.
    udah buat wishlist juga shade apa yang dibeli lagi, kira2 ada 6 haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gelap banget nggak yg vamp it up? kayaknya pernah liat deh kamu post di ig tp lupaaa ntar aku cek lg deh
      soalnya mama ku kemaren minta di cariin lipstik yg warnanya agak gelap, tapi jadinya aku beli yg ravin raisin biar masih agak aman warnanya..
      dari dulu wishlisht lipstik wnw mah ga ada habisnya, pengen nyicipin semua warna! haha

      Delete
  5. They looks so beautiful :9

    Liiivelife.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)