Ze Browz


Lemme get this straight, brows aren't my thing. Yes, it is lovely to have a set of thick and well shaped brows, but what if all you got is a sparse and short brows like me?. I don't want to pluck or trim them to get a better shape because it's haram. I'm not sure about getting them threaded is allowed, I've seen tattooed brows everywhere and I don't like how bold it looks. That's why I just picked whatever people says it's good without thinking twice. And my first eyebrow product is ELF Eyebrow Kit, then followed by Maybelline Fashion Drama Brow Mascara.




ELF Eyebrow Kit (IDR 65K)
Look at that mess. It's obvious that I use this kit quite a lot, though not everyday, but since it's the only thing I got, I have no other choice. Wait for it... Just because it's the only thing, it doesn't mean I'm forced to work with what I got, nope! it's because I really like it! It's so easy to use and well pigmented, so a little bit goes a long way! Though I'm not good at filling and drawing my eyebrows, the only way I use this is just frame my eyebrows with the wax side, following my natural eyebrows shape, fill them in with the powder side. After that, all I need to do is blend them together with a spooley, then set them with brow mascara which I'll explain later. I picked the dark shade and I'm happy how it suits me well. It doesn't look too dark or even red. I don't know if this claims to be waterproof or not, but it lasted more than 6 hours through twice taking wudhu and prayers. I love this kit even more when I found out from Iqra (from The Blushing Giraffe) that the powder side can be used as contour shade as well. That's why I haven't buy any bronzer or contour powder hehe.




Maybelline Fashion Drama Brow Mascara (IDR 60K)
Do you know Sam Chapman? I bet you do. I'll assume you're living in the underworld if you haven't seen Pixywoo's make up tutorial or at least heard about them and their Real Techniques brushes. She uses this brow gel every now and then on her tutorials. Do I need more reason not to get this? Well, actually I do, it's Maybelline, along with other huge brands like L'Oreal, YSL, and MAC they're belong to Israelis. They openly funding the Israel army to crush Palestine. I try my best not to buy from them, and I thought this funding this is over already. Okay, back to the product. It helps to set my brows in place while adding a bit of color and thickness too. So it's good to use by itself especially if you have a full brows already. The packaging may seem big for a brow gel, but actually it doesn't contain much. When I've used this up, I'm planning to get the ELF Clear Brow Gel, or City Color one.

That's all I got for my brows. What's your go to brow product?  

Comments

  1. Totally got excited to see my mention - thankyou hun so kind :')
    I actually just found my little duo today after ages and I'm so thrilled to have it back in my life!! Can't wait to contour with it again soon too haha - a great post, I agree I think the elf kit is just such good value for money too as a little goes a long way!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I love your blog so it's my pleasure to mention you in my post :)
      It is so good, I think ELF is one of the best when it comes to pigmentation and affordable price. My mom sometimes use this too if she forgot to bring her eyebrow pencil haha

      Delete
  2. Well, I think this is something worth checking out! We don't have Elf here but I'm sure I could find them over Instragram resellers. :D I like filling by brows using powder, so my current go to is the darker chocolate shades from Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette then I'll set them with a clear gel from Essence! :D

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well we don't exactly have official elf store too here, we always get it from online stores and resellers
      chocolate bar palette is on my wishlisht! but I couldn't decide between this and lorac pro palette too
      I'd like to buy a clear brow gel too as soon as I finish up the maybelline one! but I think I'll get it from elf since I can't find essence anymore :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)