HOW TO: Get The Healthy Summer Glow All Year Around


Aloha, girls! I know it's been awhile since the last time I posted my How To Look Glowing Without Being Too Dewy, and I think I should do How To post more often. Aaand just about time, summer is about to leave and it's gonna be fall soon out there (not in Indonesia though), and I'm sure some of you might ready for the sweather weather along with the cute fall outfits, but the cold probably will give you dry skin while yesterday you were just embracing all the glow on your skin in the summer. This gave me idea to write a post on how to achieve the perfect healthy summer glow, all year around, . It got me thinking too, why the hell did I never thought of that before? I live in Indonesia, it's either hot or raining here, and it practically feels like Summer here throughout the year! It'll be helpful not only for us Indonesians, but for those of you out there who lived in 4 seasons country but refused to leave the fresh, simple, yet stunning summer look.



In this post, I'll be giving you guys some tips how to get that summer glow look, skin care tips, and also a few recipes that you can do easily at home! Sooo yes, it's about beauty inside and out y'all! Let's start with the inside first, shall we?


Skin Care Routine

No matter what season it is, I always make sure to keep my skin clear and moisturized. Make sure you moisturized your skin as soon as you cleaned your face with your favorite facial wash. Sometimes facial wash sucks the oil on your skin and leave you with dry feeling afterwards, but if you put moisturizer right after, it will help to lock on the moisture of your skin. The last step of skin care routine that I, and you should never ever forget, is PUT ON SPF a.k.a Sunscreen. You don't want to end up with burnt skin, or even worse, skin cancer, do you?. For summer, especially if you'll be exposed a lot by the sun, it is necessary to wear suncsreen with 30 SPF or higher to protect you from the UVA/UVB.




On the weekends, I love to pamper myself with some scrubbing and masking. No, I don't use those instagram famous body scrub or some fancy facial mask, but I do my face and body DYI style!. For body scrub, the mixture of 3tbsp of olive oil/coconut oil/baby oil, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of coffee powder (you can add more if you want too!) has been my all time favorite, waaay before those famous scrub came out. Sugar gets rid off the dead skin easily, coffee acts as antioxidants that will protect your skin from the pollutant, and as the bonus I heard it can minimize the look of stretch mark and scars too!, while the oil gives the benefit of smooth and supple skin.




For my face, I use a teaspoon of baking soda that I mix with a bit of water (sometimes with my facial wash too when I'm lazy) to exfoliate my skin, it also get rid off blackheads too if you do it regularly. I softly rub the mixture of baking soda on to my face for a minute or two, I rinse it off with warm water, then I'll slather my face with a mixture of honey and lemon. Leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse it again with warm water. Honey can clean up your pores while softening up your skin too, and lemon will brightens up your skin as well as fading away the acne scars. Who doesn't want to look as bright as the sunshine on the summer right?



Foods

You've got your skin all prepared now let's move on with the stuff that will keep you healthy and look glowing from the inside as well. But first, DON'T EVER FORGET TO DRINK WATER. People tend to forget about this a lot. Water will keep your body hydrated, as well as making your skin more plumped, also the toxin that'll be drowned by the water will make your skin clearer too! Happy skin, happy me :D. Along with water, coconut water also have a lot of benefits for your body, and it's my favorite drink ever! I know coconut water can be hard to find other than in tropical countries, but if you can find it, you better drink it! Just google it up if you don't trust me, coconut water is like a holy water, it's good for everything! It hydrates, protects your skin, rejuvenate your skin, it has antioxidants, it's good for your heart too, and IT TASTE SO GOOD! What's not to like?. Here I have some recipes that I got from ALOHA, and it has coconut in the ingredients too!. 


1. Coconut Crunch Frozen Yoghurt

The ingredients consists of greek yoghurt or just a plain yoghurt, coconut powder/coconut water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, protein bar, and snack bar.



2. Chocolate Almond Butter Bomb Smoothie 

And for this smoothie, all you need is frozen banana, almond milk or just any milk that works for you, butter, coconut water, and chocolate protein/chocolate powder.

All the recipes are so easy to make, with ingredients that can be find easily on your local supermarket, and just look at the pictures! They all look so yummy right? If you want to get more healthy recipes, you can check out Aloha Website. If you can't find the fresh coconut that just fell out of the coconut tree, you can opt for other fruits, basically any other fruits that has a lot of water in it. For examples, watermelon, oranges, lemons, cucumbers, pineapples, tomatoes, those fruits will give you enough hydration that will keep your skin looking fresh, healthy, and glowing.



Summer Make Up Routine

Finally, my favorite part, is the make up routine! I don't care whether I'm in a rush or not, I always find make up routine to be relaxing, does any of you feel the same thing?. On Summer, or basically any other day here in Indonesia, I always make sure that my make up is light and long lasting. After my moisturizer absorbed well into my skin, I put on my Etude House Precious Mineral Blooming Fit BB Cream to help even out my skin tone and leaves me skin looking luminous. After that I swiped a bit of my lip stain on to my cheeks and blend it out with my fingers to give me a natural flushed cheeks and since it's a stain it's more likely to stay on longer, then I move on with a few swipes of bronzer on my cheek bones and forehead (I use my ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo in St.Lucia) which instantly gives me the bronzed beach babe kinda skin haha yeah there's no way an asian like me will look like those gorgeous beach babes (without having the need of tanning, ain't nobody got time for that right?).


If I feel the need of extra illumination, I'll add some highlighter to the high points of my face. For my brows I only use Etude House Drawing Pencil Brow as it gives me the most natural looking brows ever, then I use a few coats of mascara to make my short lashes to look more noticeable. And last but not least, a lipstick is always essential for me, but to keep it simple and quick I'd rather use the lip stain that was previously used on my cheeks, on my lips too, so my lips will look natural yet pretty throughout the day.


So that's pretty much how I do to get glowing skin not only for summer, but any time throughout the year! It might seems a lot, and it is obviously such a long post, but trust me, it will be worthy it, and it won't take a lot of your time either! I hope this post will be helpful for those of you who loves summer, or just want to look healthy and glowing like it's summer all the time. Thank you so much for reading, and if you have any tips for summer, don't be shy to share it in the comment box below, I'd love to read it! See you on my next post. Bye :D

Comments

  1. Wow, you definitely do a lot of DIY things! I'll have to try the masks, I've been running low on the ones I bought, and don't feel like buying new ones. The bomb smoothie looks interesting as well!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelina, thanks for stopping by! :)
      Well not exactly a lot, but that's how I did most of the time back when my skin troubled for years with no skin care products in the world could help, natural masks are so easy and works wonder! Maybe I'll make a post of my favorite DIY mask later. Yesss it looks so good, I can't wait to try it myself too! :D

      Delete
  2. This post is so great Sitha! I have to agree that taking proper care of you skin is so important. I love the DIYs, and recipes you shared! I'm going to have to try the face scrub with th ground coffee. That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I'm glad you love it! You definitely should try the coffee scrub, it's good for your face and body as well :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)