REVIEW : Olay Total Effects Pore Minimizing CC Cream


Hi girls!

Today's post is going to be a review of the base product that I've been using for a couple weeks non-stop, which is Olay Total Effects Pore Minimizing CC Cream (what a mouthful name!). I have tried a few BB Creams already, although I love how they made my skin look fresh and almost flawless, I still think that bb creams are too thick, too balmy, sometimes too greyish (it's kinda hard to find a budget friendly yellow based bb cream).

So when CC Cream came out with the claim of correcting your skin tone, I always wanted to get my hands on it. The problem is, since most of the first CC Creams came out from South Korea (just like BB Cream), it'll make them cost a lot more. Even now after some local brands already made their own CC Creams, they are still on the pricey side. That kept CC Cream hanging on my wish list for a while, until I found this Olay CC Cream was on sale 50% off at Giant Supermarket Purwakarta. The original price for the 50g size was around Rp 160,000 and the discount only left me Rp 78,000 to pay, which is more cheap than the other brands that only contains around 20-30g of product. Score!




Let's move on to the review... 
This CC Cream claims to covers with perfect finish for visible pore reduction from first use, corrects to fight 7 signs of ageing (fine lines/wrinkles, uneven tone, age spots, uneven texture, dryness, dullness, and pores) with regular use. The texture is creamy but not thick, it's quite watery actually but not runny, and it glides smoothly on my skin (I only apply this with my fingers). There are two shades available, I chose medium and the shade looks natural on me. Compared to BB Creams, CC Cream has more light texture as well as the coverage. So don't get your expectations too high when you try this, it won't cover your pimples and scars, it will only even out your skin tone with a light coverage. You can see on the swatch that you can barely see the difference between the side that I have CC Cream on, and the side where I didn't put on CC Cream.




Does it work to minimize the look of your pores? Well, it is said that it will be visible within regular use and I've only been using it for 2 weeks. So I couldn't really tell. BUT it does even out my skin tone, doesn't look dull throughout the day, it makes my skin look better and smoother. It's perfect for daily make up, the kind of "No Make Up, Make Up Look". It leaves a fresh dewy finish, and since it's oil free it does a great job keeping the oils on my T-zone away. It also has SPF 15 in it, so as long as you don't get exposed by the sun too much, you don't have to put on extra sunscreen. Plus, it smells like flowers. 

top - bottom = swatched, blended.


FYI, I have a combination skin, my T-zone is quite oily while the other sides are normal to dry (sometimes I got dry patches too). Since I've used this CC Cream, I barely put on any moisturizer, only a facial spray or rose water to hydrate my skin, then I just go straight to CC Cream afterwards. If you have oily skin, I suggest you to set them with powder as I'm afraid it'll look too dewy for you, but if you have combination skin like me, you don't have to set it unless you prefer your skin to look matte.

Overall, I really love this CC Cream. It's been my go to base on everyday basis and so far I don't have any complaints about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)